After 40 weeks of pregnancy and childbirth and you’ve officially become a mother. And now you need to move on from pregnancy to postpartum period. This means a variety of new questions and problems to be solved. To make this time a little easier to recover from, we’ve brought you a few things that you need to know about postpartum recovery:
Time to recover after giving birth:
As a mother, you need to know that the first six weeks after giving birth is known as the postpartum period which is a “recovery time”. No matter if your pregnancy was easy or difficult or you’ve had a simple delivery or a complicated one, your body has gone through a lot and it had been stretched. Therefore, it needs time to get rid of that stress. There is no fixed time for this recovery. As every mom is different, their conditions have been different then keep in mind that their recovery time will also be different. It is also dependent on postpartum symptoms. Many of these symptoms ease up within a week, while others such us, sore nipples, and backaches may last for weeks. Some severe symptoms, like leaky breasts or an achy back, might not leave you alone for a few months.
Postpartum healing tips:
If you follow through with these tips, then you can speed up your postpartum recovery:
- You should ice your perineum every couple of hours especially after the first 24 hours after giving birth. You should also spray warm water over the perineum to keep torn skin from irritating.
- You can also try warm sit baths for 20 minutes to ease the pain.
- Avoid long periods of standing or sitting, and sleep on your side.
- Clean your C-section incision once a day and do that gently. Use a clean towel to dry it.
- You should then apply antibiotic ointment to the C-section incision.
- Consult your doctor about whether you should cover the wound or leave it open. A new mother should also avoid carrying heavy things
- Also, keep the vigorous exercise off your routine especially, until you get permitted by your doctor.
- You should also try to wear a comfortable nursing bra.
- Take care of what you are eating. Make a habit of taking in five smaller meals in a day and not three larger courses.
- Take postnatal massage.
- Take in carbs, protein for energy, plus plenty of fiber that you can get from fruits, veggies, and whole grains. It will help in preventing hemorrhoids.
- Try considering vela shape in Dubai.
For more details, don’t forget to consult your doctor and take full precautions.